MSAB business documents
Download or view the business documents of the Manchester Safeguarding Adults Board.
MSAB Vision and strategic priorities
The MSAB Vision: Ensuring every citizen in Manchester is able to live in safety, free from abuse and neglect. Everyone who lives and works in the City has a role to play.
Our overarching strategic priority is: to be assured that safeguarding is effective across Manchester.
- to provide effective leadership, governance and partnership working to safeguard people
- to listen to, support and empower people
- to promote and raise awareness of safeguarding
- to be assured that vulnerable people are being safeguarded
- to implement and monitor changes to ensure abuse or neglect does not happen again to others.
Achieving our priorities for 2018/19:
- our key priorities are:
- engagement and involvement
- complex safeguarding
- neglect (adult & child)
- we will support and challenge our partners against each priority
- strong and effective governance and accountability are fundamental to assurance.
Our key functions:
- learning & development (including reviews and investigations)
- quality assurance & performance improvement
- communication & engagement
- standards, policy & practice.
Download the current MSB Business Plan (published July 2018)
MSAB Guiding Principles
- Empowerment – Personalisation and the presumption of person-led decisions and informed
- Prevention – It is better to take action before harm occurs.
- Proportionality – Proportionate and least intrusive response appropriate to the risk presented.
- Protection – Support and representation for those in greatest need.
- Partnership – Local solutions through services working with their communities. Communities have a part to play in preventing, detecting and reporting neglect and abuse.
- Accountability – Accountability and transparency in delivering safeguarding.
MSAB Multi-agency Policy & Procedures
Manchester Safeguarding Standard
The Manchester Safeguarding Standard is reviewed regularly.
MSAB Annual Report for 2018/19 – CURRENT
The report provides a rigorous and transparent assessment of the performance and effectiveness of local services; including areas of weakness, the causes of those weaknesses and the action being taken to address them as well as other proposals for action.
- MSAB Annual Report 2018/19 (due to be published Sept 2019)
Previously published MSAB Annual Reports
Published MSAB Board minutes
Copies of published MSAB Board minutes can be found on our minutes pages.
Downloads on this page: